Upper Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Oesophageal & Gastric cancers (Minimally invasive/laparoscopic surgery)
- Laparoscopic Anti-reflux & Hiatus Hernia Surgery
- Oesophageal Motility disorders (eg. Achalasia)
of & placement of enteral feeding tubes (PEG/PEJ/Jejunal extension
tubes/combined endoscopic and laparoscopic assisted feeding tube
has had extensive experience in management of
Hepato-pancreatico-biliary malignancies including particular experience
with hepatic metastases from colorectal cancer.
- Liver resections (Including laparoscopic and repeat resection)
- Gallbladder cancer
- Pancreatic and Bile duct cancer
- Gallstone disease (Laparoscopic surgery and Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Pancreatitis (Acute and Chronic)
- Laparoscopic splenectomy
in the world leading Oxford Bariatric Service has provided George with
extensive knowledge of the multidisciplinary approach to patient
selection, preoperative preparation and the post operative care and
long-term follow-up of patients undergoing Bariatric surgery.
George offers the following operative procedures for weight loss:
- Laparoscopic gastric bypass
- Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic gastric band
- Laparoscopic gastric band revisional surgery
- Orbera Balloon
George’s training has enabled him to recognize and manage both early and late complications of Bariatric surgery.
George contributes his data to the Bariatric Surgery Registry (http://www.med.monash.edu.au/sphpm/depts-centres-units/bariatric/about.html) as a means of ensuring quality, safety and demonstrating outcomes in this rapidly evolving specialty.
is highly experienced in both elective and emergency general surgery
and offers a wide range of procedures from excision of skin lesions and
lumps to complex general surgery. Where possible, procedures are performed laparoscopically including all hernia repairs.
addition to my expertise in Gastroscopy, Colonoscopy and Endoscopic
Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) I also have experience in
advanced endoscopic procedures which includes:
- Oesophageal & Duodenal stenting & dilatation
- Endoscopic mucosal resections
- Bile duct stenting, dilatation & stone extraction